new Releases, New ideas, New News is Good News! 2023

 



The problem with putting albums together is that by the time you near the end of production of one you are already in the middle of working on another. Since releasing Poke the Sky on my own label in February last year, I've started working on three different albums. Suzette – which is still in production, waiting for the final couple of tracks to emerge/evolve/develop - whatever the vocabulary is for something not being let go of. Suzete is/was inspired by a spider being consumed by a wasp larvae. As discovered by Yuri a Brazilian arachnologist who started doing research here in Falmouth last year.



 

Now I'm revisiting some of the Ambient Year broadcasts I made in 2019/20. Particularly Nascent Stone, which my friend Steve selected from my bandcamp discography. In doing so I've found a way back into the studio mixing that featured on MDQ Live at the Aberfal. This time manipulating field recordings and found sound as explored in the Sound Waves compositions inspired by the dunescapes of Perranporth and Upton Towans in Cornwall. 

 



This new album is called Star Thief. It follows a short story I am currently writing about a character named Ojigonda, who lives in the stars with their Mother. Ojigonda accidentally on purpose goes off in search of their own constellation, and in doing makes the world. Like Suzette, I may have lulled myself into thinking that this will be really quick, two tracks in the can and I'm already over confident, imagining everything will fall into place at the snap of my fingers.

We will see... in 2023 xm

 

                                


 macd on bandcamp  https://macdunlop.bandcamp.com

 

Comments

Popular Posts